Happy first birthday to our little bumblee.
We went on a tour about how fish are bred and raised at the Gaden Trout Hatchery.
And then we went home for cake!
Almond Meal Cake with Strawberries and Cream
1 1/2 cups of Almond Meal
1/4 cup Organic Self Raising Flour
200g Unsalted Butter
1 cup of Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
300ml Double Cream
Strawberries to decorate cake
Preheat oven 180ºC
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at time.
- Fold in the almond meal and self raising flour with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the mixture in to a lined 20cm cake pan.
- Bake in oven for 50 mins or until cake comes away from the sides of the pan. Let cake pan cool for 10 mins before turning on to a wire rack.
- Lightly whisk double cream.
- Spread jam on top of cake (I used Hanks Jam) and then whisk cream and top with strawberries (ours were from our garden).